Text Size
Change Contrast
Select language
Home > Your Services > Anti Social Behaviour > How you can deal with anti social behaviour

How you can deal with anti-social behaviour

There are a number of things you can do yourself before contacting your local housing office.

  • If appropriate speak to your neighbour.  Explain how the situation affects you.  You may be surprised to know how often neighbours are unaware of the upset they are causing.
  • Try to be polite, friendly and calm.
  • Write a letter to tell them how their behaviour affects you. Suggest what you think a reasonable compromise might be. Make a note of any conversations you have with your neighbour and keep a copy of any letters and replies.
  • If the anti-social behaviour continues, start a diary, recording:
    • Dates the anti-social behaviour occurred
    • Times the anti-social behaviour occurred
    • What type of anti-social behaviour it is
    • How the anti-social behaviour affects you
    • Who is responsible
    • Details of any witnesses to any anti-social behaviour

Diary sheets are available from your local office or using the online form.

Contact Us

Rochdale Boroughwide Housing

Sandbrook House

Sandbrook Way,


OL11 1RY

Postal Deliveries Only


0800 027 7769


|| rbh@rbh.org.uk ||