Text Size
Change Contrast
Select language
Home > Find a Home > Housing Options

Housing Options

 This section includes information on what other options are available in Rochdale.
Please click on the links for more information.

Mutual Exchange

If you are currently a RBH or Housing Association Tenant and you wish to move, another option for you is an exchange. A mutual exchange is where a tenant can arrange to swap homes with another tenant. This may be a quicker way of getting the property type you need in the area you want.

If you are interested in a mutual exchange or have found somebody to exchange with please contact your Neighbourhood Housing Officer.


The Homeswapper service enables RBH tenants to swap homes with tenants living within the borough. Once registered, the Scheme will search to find you “matches” in your chosen area and as well as being notified of possible matches by email and text, your details will appear on national swap lists. You can also use this facility to move to other parts of the country.

Unless you state otherwise, your details will be registered onto Homeswapper to assist  you in looking for an exchange. If you think you would like to swap, log onto the Homeswapper website at: http://www.homeswapper.co.uk/and start planning your future move today.

Housing Associations

There are a variety of other Housing Associations with different kinds of properties in various locations around the borough. You can apply directly to them, or you can be put forward by RBH to some of the available properties they have. This is a good way for you to increase your chances of being rehoused.

Many of the Housing Associations in the borough will also advertise their properties on the weekly HomeChoice advert.


Pinpoint is a web based choice based lettings scheme which advertises a range of properties for rent in all the 10 Greater Manchester authority areas; some properties are council, some are Housing Association and others are advertised by private rental landlords.

It is a great way to access more housing both in the borough and across Greater Manchester.

It’s easy! All that you need to do is register with RBH for rehousing and it will automatically give you access to express an interest on any of the Pinpoint accommodation.

If you’re interested visit the Pinpoint website at: http://www.pinpoint.org.uk/

Private Rented Sector Accommodation

Rochdale has a large varied private rented sector which offers another option for rehousing. This can offer a quicker housing solution than waiting for a property from RBH. If you are looking to be rehoused quickly or want one particular area then this is an option to be considered.


If you are unable to manage the extra rent required due to the Welfare Benefit Reforms. Perhaps you would be interested in taking in lodgers.

Please contact the HomeChoice Team to express your interest or tick the relevant box on the application form.

Affordable Housing

Affordable housing is a way for those who cannot afford market prices to get on the property ladder.

If you are interested in affordable housing then you need to register for rehousing and tick the Affordable Housing tick box on the application form. RBH will then forward your details to the relevant Council Team.

Support for members of the Armed Forces

RBH is a signatory to the Rochdale Armed Forces Community Covenant.

If you are a serving or former member of the armed forces, and are looking to be housed in Rochdale, please complete a housing application form.

Those applicants  who are currently serving in the regular forces or who were serving in the regular forces at any time in the five years preceding their application for housing will not need a local connection to the borough to be rehoused.

Applicants who are bereaved spouses or civil partners of those serving in the regular forces will not need a local connection to the borough to be rehoused until they are able to obtain settled accommodation (subject to conditions).

Applicants who are existing or former members of the reserve forces who are suffering from a serious injury, illness or disability which is wholly or partly attributable to their service will not need a local connection to the borough.

Applicants who are leaving the armed forces will be placed in Band C on the housing register. You can find further details on our Lettings Policy.

Domestic abuse

Everyday, hundreds of men and women in the UK are abused in their own homes. This abuse can be physical, sexual and/or emotional and can affect people of all ages, cultures and backgrounds.

If this is happening to you, you can get help, whether or not you have children. You will be able to discuss your options in confidence. Contact the homelessness team for more information on 0300 303 8548 or 0300 303 8875 (out of hours).

Contact Us

Rochdale Boroughwide Housing

Sandbrook House

Sandbrook Way,


OL11 1RY

Postal Deliveries Only


0800 027 7769


|| rbh@rbh.org.uk ||