Colours and contrast
We have considered the needs of users who are colour-blind by
selecting colour combinations with sufficient contrast between
foreground and background.
You can however use your own preferred colour scheme.
Instructions on how to change background and font colours for the
most common web browsers appear below.
Increasing text size
If you find the text on this site is too small, you can change
it easily in your browser settings. To do this you should simply
click one of the links below. The default setting is medium.
Changing the site's background colour can be particularly useful
for users who rely on magnification technology as white can produce
an uncomfortable glare. It is also possible to change the colour of
body text on the site by clicking below:
Default coloursBlack on YellowYellow on Black
Microsoft Internet Explorer - versions 5 and 6
• Select Tools from the menu bar at the top of your window
• From the options which appear, select Internet options
• Click the General tab
• Click the button marked Accessibility
• To remove background and font colours, tick the checkbox labelled
Ignore colours specified on web pages
• Click on Colours
• You can choose your own preferred colours for text, page
background and links
• Select Options from the Tools menu at the top of the
• Click on the Content button in the window that appears
• Under the "Fonts and Colours" sub-heading, press the button
• Make your selections and then click OK.
Rochdale Boroughwide Housing
PO Box 69
The Old Post Office
0845 070 5170